Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Aaah Easter- around here Easter includes a huge Italian meal of many courses and about a bazillion calories. All of the usual culprits show up: chicken cutlets, some sort of pasta and sauce, broccoli rabe, italian bread, a variety of cheeses and the wine flows freely! Then of course dessert(s) and coffee.

In other news, the quilt fabrics I've ordered have started showing up- yesterday 2 Moda charm packs in Hideaway and some fat quarters in Fandango arrived- I'm beyond excited to start putting these fabrics together and creating gorgeous quilts. The only thing standing in my way- research papers. I'm having a hard time digging in this semester. The courses I am currently taking are just not engaging my interest - last semester I had three of the greatest courses- this semester- uhhh- not so much. But we are getting to the close- only 2 weeks left and then a whole summer to regroup and recharge for my final semester (and my Master's THESIS /panic on).

Last night I was up past 2am watching one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time- Get Low. It stars Robert Duvall, Sissy Spacek, Bill Murray and it's about a man who plans his own "funeral party" while he is still alive- he has a troubled past (of course) and complications arise (of course) but I definitely give the movie 5/5 hankies!

No comments:

Post a Comment